Cover Story: Texas Architect Magazine
As a member of Texas Architect Magazine’s Publications Committee, Page Principal Jamie Flatt is responsible for volunteering her time and knowledge to help the editorial team identify and develop content for the print and digital editions of the magazine. Jamie’s recent article is the cover story of the September/October Design Awards issue and focuses on the El House by WW Architecture. Although Jamie is an architect, much of her work is falls into predesign for large-scale projects, so the prospect of learning about something as different as a single-family residence was very intriguing to her.
Jamie met with Ron Witte and Sarah Whiting, dean of the Rice School of Architecture, to discuss their design for the house. She also spoke to their client. Jamie considers herself fortunate as she enjoyed the discussions about the house and also was able to tour it. In the end, she was just as impressed as the design award jurors---and pleased to have the opportunity to contribute to a conversation that elevates our profession.
To view the cover article Jamie wrote about El House in Texas Architect Magazine, click here.
- Real Estate Journal: FIRMSPACE Plants Co-working Flag in Denver
- Texas Made / Texas Modern: The House and the Land
- Review: Where People And Performance Meet
- Architect Magazine: James Wright, AIA Director-at-Large Candidate Positions
- Covering Texas Architect Magazine
- World Architects Magazine on The Cistern at Buffalo Bayou Park
- Modern Luxury 2018 Best Architect: Larry Speck