Lean in Design and Construction
"Facilitator, lead thyself." With apologies to the original proverb, Kurt Neubek needs no urging to share his expertise with his own colleagues. Trained in Lean and a Six Sigma Black Belt, Kurt led participants through the history of Lean, Lean fundamentals, and applications of Lean in Design and Construction. The group then participated in team-based, hands-on timed events where they experienced first-hand various forms of waste and applied countermeasures to save time and improve quality. Afterward they reviewed the various forms of waste and how they apply to architecture, engineering, design, and everyday business practices. Participants stated that they felt excited and energized by the session, and that Lean made concepts that everyone has heard of very understandable and applicable to our business.
- Prepared: Seamless Transition to WFH
- The Essential Steps for Bringing a Facility Project to Market Quickly
- 3/3: Financing the Education of Future Employees
- Electrical Distribution Equipment
- Career Advice for New Hires at Houston X Design Week
- Cooking Up Community Resilience
- Is Resilience In Communities Important?